Monday, March 19, 2007

Opening Statement

It was a Monday morning and I was out on the road on a long drive to orlando, except that it was not for disney land but to work :( . On a typical long drive I spend an hour on a conference call with my team and then the rest of the time goes pondering over stuff discussed. But today was different. It was a holiday in India. So here I was on the road driving for about 200 miles with nothing to do.
Empty mind is a devil's workshop and I started thinking over my to do list and so on... The radio was playing Pink Floyd's Keep talking
Why won't you talk to me
You never talk to me
What are you thinking
What are you feeling..........

I then started to think of all the times I've wanted to blog. I had registered here over a year or two ago...... Did I blog... The answer is obvious.... I'm the king of procastination when it comes to these things. So I decided that I was going to start blogging ...
My topic for the next few months is going to follow 2 different series.
First would be dedicated to the people who've shaped up India's economy. This would not be limited to Industrialists but would span across Politicians, Technocrats, Literary gurus and visionaries.
Second, would be on topics that come as general issues ailing us.. which is general tp stuff

Then came the topic of the site. What should I name it .. I thought of a lot of names that rhyme with the most fav talk shows going around; but in the end I thought why not name it after something that we used to call our late night discussions back in the college days... Bakwaas Mandli.
As casual as it might sound, bakwas mandli can be very informative.We've had many a good times over hours of hearty discussion. It could start with gossip and then get into debates over politics, life, future, economy.. sky is the limit.... Actually this idiom doesn't make sense here coz there can be trippin' sessions where sky is not the limit ...LOL Anywyz... All this thought is making me nostalgic and that might be my first topic of the blog or should I say second.
I guess I stretched it too long.. adios for now..

No comments: